Please Note: This course will be delivered to booked delegates via Zoom across three sessions; 1) 25 November 10am to 1:30pm, 2) 26 November 10am to 1:30pm, and 3) 30 November 10am to 1:00pm.
There is a pre-course task to complete in advance of the course and there will also be some self-guided learning between sessions.
The aim is for participants to develop their training skills towards designing and delivering courses to a professional standard of tuition.
This unique course is specially designed for ecologists and environmental professionals and covers field as well as classroom tuition. The aim is for participants to develop their training skills towards designing and delivering courses to a professional standard of tuition.
Who Should Attend?
This course is aimed at anyone who has not completed teacher or facilitator-training before. No prior training experience is necessary, although participants will need to at least intend to deliver a course and have some idea of how they plan to deliver at least one session. Experienced trainers should find that the course consolidates their knowledge and provides new ideas to use in their own training.
The course fee includes a pre-course learning pack. Participants need to come to the course having read through this information and completed a set task. This is designed to take no more than 3 hours.
Beginner - Intermediate
- Understand how adults learn, describe the Kolb learning cycle, define different learning styles.
- Discuss barriers to effective learning and how to overcome these.
- Set clear, achievable and measurable learning objectives for a whole workshop and for individual sessions.
- Plan and structure a training session.
- Facilitate a training session or course.
- Informally assess learning.
- Develop differentiation and other teaching skills to cater for a range of abilities and interests within any group.
- Evaluate the success of a training course.
Non Member Ticket