This webinar will cover:
- Reflections on the health benefits received from time interacting with nature
- Models for the human-nature relationship
- An overview of the tools for unlocking the benefits of nature - ‘engage, enhance, embrace’
- The ‘natural ingredients’ found in the environment, recent findings, and the science behind our human response
- Small group discussion, Q&A and plenary
This webinar is the first of a series of 3 interactive training workshops on nature connectedness and will be presented by James Farrell and Lee Evans.
James and Lee created The Human Nature Partnership to connect people and organisations to nature - for the benefit of wildlife, work and wellbeing.
James has nearly 30 years’ experience in environmental work. He is a Chartered Environmentalist and accredited coach, Founder of Brighton & Hove Building Green, Director of The Natural Coaching Company, and works for a Government agency.
Lee is a former academic who began his journey into urban greening over 10 years ago. He has founded two innovative, award-winning businesses: Organic Roofs and Green Roof Revival Ltd., and is a member of the Association for Environmentally Conscious Building.
- Be able to describe some of the basic ways in which nature benefits human health and wellbeing
- To describe the difference between contact and connection with nature
- To describe the basic relationships and issues of equity and access to local nature
- To understand how to harness the benefits of connection with nature, and how to incorporate into their own work
- To contribute to a developing model for nature-connection maturity in organisations
- To describe practical greening interventions that deliver multiple benefits in the built environment
- Explore and embed learning by sharing personal reflections and taking part in discussions and Q&A
- To experience the benefits of a science-based, nature-centred, mindfulness practice.
All participants who request it will receive a free ‘being in nature’ practice after the webinar, along with a summary of the benefits of nature connectedness, and a list of references for further reading.
Preparation: Please use headphones for an enhanced experience.
Group Booking Information
The group booking option is available for CIEEM members to purchase. This allows you to share the booking with up to 5 people (the remaining 4 attendees can either be members or non members).
Please only select one group booking ticket when going through the booking process and then email the names and email addresses of those in your booking to: email@example.com.
Group Bookings (Members only)
Non Member Ticket