Do you want to communicate better at work with customers, contractors, suppliers, colleagues, managers and other professionals? If so, this one-day course is what you are looking for.
Communication is complex: It's not just what you say, it's how you say it and the method you choose to convey it in. Good communication often leads to positive results but when communication goes wrong, issues can quickly escalate. From the written to the spoken word, from having a difficult conversation to giving a persuasive presentation, this training course helps you to be confident that the message you are giving is the one you want the other person to get.
Sessions will include the following topics:
• Communicating with technical and non-technical audiences
• Listening and questioning skills
• Presentation skills
• Electronic communication
• Dealing with difficult people / conflict resolution
All content is delivered through interactive workshops including exploration of real-life scenarios and discussion as well as group and paired work, case studies and activities.
Who Should Attend?
Local Authority Ecologists, Ecological and Environmental Consultants, junior ecologists, students - anyone working in or with the ecological sector that would like to improve their communication skills.
Beginner - Intermediate
Just prior experience of communicating within the ecological / environmental sector.
- Identify the key features of communication.
- Explore different methods of communication and when best to use them.
- Apply negotiation and influencing techniques to get better results.
- Recognise the need to develop great listening and questioning skills.
- Use appropriate methods to communicate in difficult situations.
The course fee includes refreshments throughout the day. Please bring your own packed lunch.
Non Member Ticket